NT Cricket is committed to growing female participation in cricket by making the game more accessible to girls and women of all ages and abilities.
The female competitions are played in the spirit of fun, fitness and friendship, with players ranging from 5 to 50 years-old.
NT Cricket has produced two of Australia’s most prolific female cricketers, Shelley Nitschke and Julie Page (nee Woerner), who journeyed up through the NT Cricket player pathway.
In the Darwin and Districts region females can get involved at any age in the following programs;
- Girls aged 5 years and above can join MILO in2CRICKET
- Junior Girls can play in the DDCC Junior Competition from April through to September
- The eNTITy1 Dry Season Sixers offers a social competition during the Dry Season
In Alice Springs the Alice Springs Cricket Association has the following programs for females;
- Girls aged 5 years and above can join Boy Free Zone
- Junior Girls can play in the ASCA Junior Competition from October through to March
- The Women’s ASCA Senior Grade Competition is held from October through to March
Additionally, the NT Female Academy supports the development of female cricketers.
For further information about these programs, please contact NT Cricket on 08 8944 8900 or email@example.com.