NT Cricket is committed to growing female participation in cricket by making the game more accessible to girls and women of all ages and abilities.
In Alice Springs the Alice Springs Cricket Association has the following programs for females;
The female competitions are played in the spirit of fun, fitness and friendship, with players ranging from 5 to 50 years-old.
NT Cricket has produced two of Australia’s most prolific female cricketers, Shelley Nitschke and Julie Page (Woerner), who journeyed up through the NT Cricket player pathway.
In the Darwin and Districts region females can get involved at any age in the following programs;
- Girls aged 5 years and above can join MILO in2CRICKET
- Junior Girls can play in the DDCC Junior Competition from April through to September
- Girls aged 5 years and above can join Boy Free Zone
- Junior Girls can play in the ASCA Junior Competition from October through to March
- The Women’s ASCA Senior Grade Competition is held from October through to March
Additionally our premier Territory women's cricket competition, the Desert Rose Cup is held every October in Alice Springs and Darwin alternatively.