NT Cricket is committed to growing female participation in cricket by making the game more accessible to girls and women of all ages and abilities.
The female competitions are played in the spirit of fun, fitness and friendship, with players ranging from 5 to 50 years-old.
NT Cricket has produced two of Australia’s most prolific female cricketers, Shelley Nitschke and Julie Woerner, who journeyed up through the NT Cricket player pathway.
In the Darwin and Districts region females can get involved at any age in the following programs;
• Girls aged 5 years and above can join MILO in2CRICKET
• Females aged between 10 and 16 can join the Girls Only Program
• Women’s Grade Cricket is held between April and September as part of the Darwin & Districts Cricket Competition
• The Moonsoon Cup is a recreational women's competition designed to gather interest in the women's game prior to the commencement of the Darwin & Districts Women's competition.
In Alice Springs the Alice Springs Cricket Association has the following programs for females;
• Girls aged 5 years and above can join Boy Free Zone
• Junior Girls can play in the ASCA Junior Competition from October through to March
• The Women’s ASCA Senior Grade Competition is held from October through to March
Additionally our premier Territory women's cricket competition, the Desert Rose Cup is held every October in Alice Springs and Darwin alternatively.