NT Cricket is committed to developing competitive opportunities for both players and coaches throughout the Northern Territory.
Working closely with the Northern Territory Institute of Sport, NT Cricket provides professional development opportunities and upskilling workshops to ensure coaches are up to date with current philosophies and coaching skills.
Coach education is vital to ensure coaches engage relevant and current tools to deliver a positive cricket experience to players and their parents. Cricket Australia has developed a comprehensive coach education program designed to assist coaches working with cricketers at all levels and NT Cricket conducts coach accreditation courses throughout the year. There are four levels of coaching courses available:
Cricket Australia's Introduction to Cricket course
The Introduction to Cricket course is the entry level program for all coaches. It is a FREE online course that is ideal for volunteers, parents and people who have just started coaching. This course is also a prerequisite for Cricket Australia's Community Coach Accreditation course.
Cricket Australia's Community Coach Accreditation course
The Community Coach Accreditation course is aimed at coaches and volunteers who work with under-age level cricketers or community cricket club players. It is also an ideal course for teachers who want to grow cricket within their school environment.
The course gives coaches the confidence to provide a positive and engaging environment where players have fun, develop skills, compete and have success and covers:
- Coach Approach – develop an understanding of the Australian Way philosophy and where players fit on the National Player Pathway
- Scoring Runs – learn how to teach players to score runs, off the front and back foot and how to stay in
- Taking Wickets – learn how to teach players how to take wickets and save runs by bowling pace and spin, the latest catching and throwing approaches and wicket keeping specialties
- Preparing to Perform – how to include basic physical elements to training sessions, appropriate hydration for players and methods to motivate players
- Leading the Game – learn how to coach the captain to make decisions in response to the game situation and how to create leaders within the playing group
Cricket Australia's Representative Coach Accreditation course
The Representative Coach Accreditation course is designed for coaches who are involved in:
- Activities that lead into NT Cricket Pathway programs
- Coaches involved in coaching club cricket
- Coaches involved in NT School Sport programs
Cricket Australia's High Performance Coaching course
Candidates for the High Performance Coaching course are nominated by their State or Territory cricket association. The candidate must be actively coaching in Grade and/or Pathways programs to be considered.
For further information contact NT Cricket on 08 8944 8900 or email@example.com