Free Community Coaching (L1) courses in 2017/2018!
Working closely with the Northern Territory Institute of Sport, NT Cricket provides professional development opportunities and upskilling workshops to ensure coaches are up to date with current philosophies and coaching skills.
Coach education is vital to ensure coaches engage relevant and current tools to deliver a positive cricket experience to players and their parents. Cricket Australia has developed a comprehensive coach education program designed to assist coaches working with cricketers at all levels and NT Cricket conducts coach accreditation courses throughout the year. There are four levels of coaching courses available outlined here.
Free Coaching Courses for grass roots cricket!
NT Cricket and Cricket Australia has embarked on an industry first by offering Free Community (Level 1) Coaching courses in 2017-2018 to the grassroots cricket community! This will be a first for cricket as the Community Coaching course normally costs $120 per person for the online component and face to face session. This initiative will develop coaching skills around Australia, with an emphasis on junior cricket, by making the courses more accessible to parents, volunteers and all budding cricket coaches who devote their time and effort to ensure people of all backgrounds and abilities can enjoy the game we love. NT Cricket encourages all interested people to get involved this year.
What do I need to do to sign up?
(For a step-by-step guide to signing up, download the Help Guide HERE)
1. Register as a potential Coach HERE
2. Complete the Introduction to Cricket (online course) HERE
3. Register for the face to face Community Coaching Course in your local area by selecting a course near you. Find courses HERE
For further information about Cricket Coaching in the NT, please contact Cameron Carroll or phone (08) 8944 8900
CRICKET AUSTRALIA's COACHING ACCREDITATION PATHWAY
Introduction to Cricket course (Level 0) online 1 hour
The Introduction to Cricket course is the entry level program for all coaches. It is a FREE online course that is ideal for volunteers, parents and people who have just started coaching. This course is also a prerequisite for Cricket Australia's Community Coach Accreditation course.
Community Coach (Level 1) 4-6 contact hours
The Community Coach Accreditation course is aimed at coaches and volunteers who work with under-age level cricketers or community cricket club players. It is also an ideal course for teachers who want to grow cricket within their school environment.
The course gives coaches the confidence to provide a positive and engaging environment where players have fun, develop skills, compete and have success and covers:
- Coach Approach – develop an understanding of the Australian Way philosophy and where players fit on the National Player Pathway
- Scoring Runs – learn how to teach players to score runs, off the front and back foot and how to stay in
- Taking Wickets – learn how to teach players how to take wickets and save runs by bowling pace and spin, the latest catching and throwing approaches and wicket keeping specialties
- Preparing to Perform – how to include basic physical elements to training sessions, appropriate hydration for players and methods to motivate players
- Leading the Game – learn how to coach the captain to make decisions in response to the game situation and how to create leaders within the playing group
Representative Coach (Level 2)
The Representative Coach Accreditation course is designed for coaches who are involved in:
- Activities that lead into NT Cricket Pathway programs
- Coaches involved in coaching club cricket
- Coaches involved in NT School Sport programs
High Performance Coach (Level 3)
Candidates for the High Performance Coaching course are nominated by their State or Territory cricket association. The candidate must be actively coaching in Grade and/or Pathways programs to be considered.
For further information contact NT Cricket on 08 8944 8900 or email@example.com