NT Cricket has a range of dynamic and diverse employment opportunities which support the development and administration of cricket throughout the Northern Territory.
NT Cricket is currently seeking applications for the role of:
Apprentice Greenkeeper / Groundsperson (based in Darwin)
NT Cricket is seeking a full time paid Apprentice (38hrs/wk) to start their career in curating, preparing and maintaining turf wickets and cricket grounds. Reporting to the Head of Facilities based at Marrara Cricket Ground in Darwin, your main role will be to participate as an active and enthusiastic member of the NT Cricket team. You will carry out a range of outdoor ground care duties across the Darwin and Palmerston region, including outfields, wickets and practice facilities. The work is diverse and rewarding, with NT Cricket being proud of the quality and standard of turf preparation it provides for Premier and Australian cricket. You will assist with the management of cricket facilities including set up, maintenance, machinery, and turf management and you will have the opportunity to learn on-the-job from experienced and established Curators. You will also be supported to complete an accredited qualification (Certificate III in Sports Turf Maintenance) to help you grow your career.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be a positive and motivated person, ready to learn and try new techniques and a range of outdoor duties
- have a passion for working outdoors and take pride in their work
- be able to follow detailed instructions and produce high quality results
- be reliable,punctual, flexible, willing to learn and be part of a collaborative team
If this sounds like you, please apply for this dynamic role to kick start your career in the Turf Management industry.
1) Download and read the Position Description and details HERE
2) Write a cover letter describing your personal skills and attributes and why you would be a good fit for this role. Include a short paragraph outlining how you have worked in a team (full or part time in any job) to achieve results - what was the role? what were your main tasks and responsibilities? how did you share information in the team? what were the results or outcomes of your work?
For further information about the role with NT Cricket, please contact the Head of Facilities, Brad Baptist on (08) 8944 8900 or via email on Brad.Baptist@ntcricket.com.au
For help with applying through GTNT, please contact GTNT on (08) 8980 0600 or email@example.com
Updated 6 Dec 2018