Nominations are now open to nominate a person, club, association, school or business who has made an extraordinary contribution in Community Cricket in the NT in one of the 12 award categories below.
NT award recipients will be put forward to Cricket Australia for consideration at the 2021 National A Sport for All Community Cricket Awards!
1. Community Cricket Club of the Year
2. Community Cricket Association of the Year
3. Community Cricket Coach of the Year
4. Young Leader of the Year
5. Community Partnership of the Year
6. Women and Girls Initiative of the Year
7. Technology & Media Initiative of the Year
8. Community Match Official of the Year
9. Inclusion and Diversity Initiative of the Year
10. Junior Cricket Initiative of the Year
11. Indoor Facility of the Year
12. Cricket in Schools
Community Cricket Club of the Year
A community cricket club that actively creates welcoming environments and seeks to create sustainable participation and growth through good governance, volunteer support and inclusive on field programs.
Community Cricket Association of the Year
A cricket Association that actively works to create a sustainable competition that provides opportunities for everyone to have the chance to play cricket
Community Cricket Coach of the Year
A coach who exemplifies coaching The Australian Way. Someone who has gone out of their way to make sure that participants are supported to develop both their skills and a lifelong love of cricket
Young Leader of the Year
A young person, under the age of 25 who positively impacts those around them through their off-field leadership in volunteering
Community Partnership of the Year
This award recognises outstanding leadership and support in building community based partnerships that provide positive outcomes to the Cricket community (E.g. Local Government, multiple sporting clubs, community not for profit groups etc)
Women and Girls Initiative of the Year
This award looks to celebrate the outstanding delivery of female based experiences by finding clever or innovative ways to engage and grow their program
Technology & Media Initiative of the Year
An individual, club or association who has used technology to create a connection to it’s members, whether by reducing volunteer time, connecting members through social media or enhancing participant experience
Community Match Official of the Year
An umpire or match official (such as a scorer) who leads by example in championing safe, fair and enjoyable cricket for all
Inclusion and Diversity Initiative of the Year
This award looks to acknowledge the outstanding delivery of diverse and inclusive experiences by finding clever and innovative ways to engage and grow their offering
Junior Cricket Initiative of the Year
This award looks to acknowledge the outstanding delivery of junior cricket experiences by finding clever and innovative ways to engage and grow their junior offering with a focus on education, fun and social connection
Indoor Facility of the Year
An Indoor facility that embraces the connection with the community and cricket to provide the best program experience to its participants
Cricket in Schools
A school, ambassador or initiative that celebrates the connection between School, student and the broader cricket community
Tuesday 9 March Nominations open
Wednesday 31 March Nominations close
Friday 9 April NT winners announced
May 2021 (TBC) Cricket Australia National Awards
Entries will be assessed on work undertaken from 1 April 2020 – 31 March 2021.
This time frame includes the 2020 Winter Cricket Season (April – September 2020) to encompass the great work done by the Darwin and Districts and Katherine and Districts Cricket Associations and the 2020/21 Summer Cricket Season (August 2020 – 31 March 2021) to include the Alice Springs and Tennant Creek Cricket Associations.
Nominations are required to address each of the following criteria:
· Brief summary of the nominee
· What are some specific initiatives or examples that showcase the great work of the nominee?
Entries are invited from individuals, clubs, associations, competitions, stakeholders and partner organisations who contribute to the delivery of community cricket in the Northern Territory. We want to recognise and reward all of the amazing work taking place across the NT, including the desire to embrace diversity and make cricket a sport for all Australians.
- The person, organisation or program nominated must have been active during the period 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021.
- Northern Territory Cricket reserves the right to determine whether a nomination meets the eligibility criteria for entry into the Awards.
- Self-nominations are accepted. Nominations on behalf of other people/organisations are accepted with their written consent, which you warrant has been obtained by submitting a nomination.
- National, State and Territory Cricket Association employees and their immediate families are ineligible for nomination for Awards on their own behalf, however, may nominate other people or organisations.
- Nominations will be collated and presented to the NT Cricket board for endorsement.
HOW TO ENTER
Complete the nomination form here and return the form via email to email@example.com by 4pm Wednesday 31 March 2021.
The Nominee and Nominator will receive confirmation from NT Cricket that the nomination has been received.